Therapeutic Uses: Facilitates blood circulation. Stimulates the production of stomach fluid. Nourishes the intestines to improve digestion. Treats constipation and excessive thirst due to internal dryness, anemia, hypertension and hemorrhoids.
q ½ pound of spinach
q 1 tablespoon of ginger juice
q 2 tablespoons of vinegar
q 1 stalk of green onion
q ½ teaspoon of salt
q ½ tablespoon of cornstarch
q 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
q ½ tablespoon of sesame oil
1. Wash spinach and cut it in half down the middle.
2. Cut the green onion into 1-inch chunks.
3. Make sauce by mixing ginger juice, vinegar, salt, cornstarch and a cup of water. Then sprinkle sesame oil over the mixed sauce.
4. Heat vegetable oil in wok over high heat. Slide in green onions and stir-fry for 15 seconds.
5. Slide in spinach and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Pour the sauce over the spinach and continue stir-frying for 1 minute. Serve.
A TIP FROM THE MASTER, FaXiang Hou
Author of Unleashing the Power of Food, Recipes to Heal By
ISBN 1-891434-16-0, page 152
You may purchase bottled ginger juice or make your own. To make ginger juice at home, peel a large slice of fresh ginger, grate it on a hand grater, pack the gratings into a garlic press, and squeeze out the juice.